Things are changing quickly and it is our mission to help you be as prepared as possible. As a business owner, you always want to be sure that your clients and employees feel comfortable and supported, and now is no different. We want to encourage you to join us in making health and safety your #1 priority. As people are being asked to stay home by their government officials, we want to support you by sharing what we have decided to do as a business and share some best practices that may make this time a little easier for you to navigate.
As members of our community and permanent makeup professionals that work with blood and fluids, it is how we act today that will bolster customer loyalty for years down the road. As painful as business closure can be, preservation of our reputations and client safety is paramount. The fact is, in 6 months from now, there will be less PMU artists than there are today and the resilient among us will be here to serve.
Tina Davies Studio Social Announcement:
View this post on Instagram
💭COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT 💬 As you may already know there have been major public health concerns about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) epidemic. Fortunately, to date at Tina Davies Studio, we have had no staff (or people in their immediate family) displaying any symptoms or having tested positive for coronavirus. However, we recognize this is an issue of public health concern and want our valued customers to be assured that we are taking all possible precautions to optimize the health and safety of our patrons and staff. As of March 12th, 2020, we have made the decision to close Tina Davies Studio until further notice. At this time, we have implemented a work-from-home policy for our staff effective immediately. While our team is remote, we will continue to serve our customer inquiries as diligently as we always have. What does this mean for you? If you had an appointment booked for March 2020, you will have already been notified of your cancellation and know that we are actively working to rebook your appointments as soon as possible. If you have an appointment at our studio from April 1st onwards - please be assured that, although we are hoping to be back open by then, we are monitoring the developments of COVID-19 very carefully and will always put the health and safety of our clients and staff above all else. If you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms or have any other concerns relating to this issue, we are happy to reschedule your appointment free of charge until such time as you are symptom-free and feeling 100%. If you have any questions about this, the fastest way to reach us is by email at email@example.com or using our online chat function at tinadaviesstudio.com. You can also call us at 416-291-4188. Please be mindful that there may be a slight delay in response due to the situation at present. We thank you for your continued support of our business and look forward to seeing you soon. Tina Davies Studio team. #coronavirus #covid-19 #tinadaviesstudio
If you choose to temporarily close your studio doors, feel free to follow these steps:
1. Determine your studio policy
It is important once you determine your policy to clearly communicate this to your clients on your social channels and/or website.
Here are two great templates you can use to make your announcement. Feel free to customize it with your personal messaging!
Dear Valued Clients, our team has been monitoring the developments of the COVID 19 virus very carefully and we are taking the threat to the health of our clients and artists very seriously.
To our amazing Clients/Guests,
2. Connect with your clients and community
Reach out to your clients personally to answer any of their questions they may have about their scheduled/upcoming appointments. Now is your chance to let them know you are here for them and to use this as an opportunity to strengthen your concern and proactive communication with them. During times like these, it is the small things that count. A simple check-in phone call can make all of the difference.
Here are some questions to be prepared for:
- Are you still taking private one-on-one appointments?
- Can I cancel my appointment?
- Will I lose my deposit?
- Can I get a refund of my deposit?
- How long will it be before I can get booked back in?
- How do I rebook my appointment?
- Why are you choosing to close your doors?
3. Think of creative ways to retain your clients during this time
Here are Tina’s Top 3 Tips on how you can go above and beyond for your clients and retain business during this time.
➡ Send personalized thank you cards and/or messages to all of your past and upcoming clients to thank them for their business. Here are some FREE customizable digital thank you card resources you can use to do so:
➡ Create gift cards/certificates that you can sell online. Make sure to note that these gift cards can be used for a future appointment so that your clients have something to look forward to. Here are some FREE resources for you to create your gift cards:
➡ Offer your clients a promotional coupon that they can use towards a future appointment and will help to jump-start your bookings once you’re ready to open. Even a small offering of $25 to $50 off will easily incentivize people when they are ready to return to beauty priorities. Here is a great resource you can use to create your digital coupons today:
When you are ready to re-open your studio doors, follow these steps to ensure you are taking the necessary precautions in keeping your employees and clients safe and healthy.
1. Make sure you are staying up-to-date with announcements made by your local government officials in regards to the COVID-19 virus before making any decisions.
2. Determine a new policy in light of the current events around the COVID-19 virus and clearly communicate it to your clients using your social accounts and/or website.
Here is a great template you may use to communicate your new policy:
Dear valued clients/guests,
Due to the recent events that have transpired and keeping the health and safety of our clients and employees as our #1 priority, we have updated our cancellation and rescheduling policy.
If you have been around anyone who has recently been traveling within the last two weeks, please call or email us to reschedule your appointment.
Please refrain from bringing any friends or family members to your upcoming appointment. This will ensure we are doing everything we can to ensure the health and safety of the artist and the client.
If you have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at ______________ or by calling us at __________.
Take a state-approved refresher course on Bloodborne Pathogens. Be sure to post this certificate on your website and social media account as proof of your commitment to continuing education
- Create an updated sterilized checklist for yourself and for your studio. You may want to consider laminating your new checklist to display in your studio.
Here is the Tina Davies Studio Sanitary Check-List:
- Wipe down all surfaces in your studio with disinfectant Cavi Wipes before and after every client ( Floor, chairs, lights, work station, pre-draw pencils, mirrors, bed surfaces)
- Cover any other surfaces you may be touching throughout the procedures with barrier film ( ie: iPhone, lighting, rinse dispenser etc.)
- Wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap
- Dry hands with a disposable hand towel
- Line your bed with a disposable exam paper to ensure your client is not directly touching the bed
- Rewash hands thoroughly right before beginning your procedure
- Prepare the disposable tools that you will need for your procedure. (Headband, Alcohol Swabs, Qtips, Gloves, Cotton Pads, Pigment Rings etc)
If you are microblading, be sure you are using a brand new single-use EO gas sterilized microblades for your procedure.
- If using a machine, be sure to cover your machine with a machine cord cover and grip tape.
Once the procedure is finished, dispose microblades and needle cartridges into a FDA-approved Sharps Container. Read more about disposal here.
- Wash hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap.
- Remove the stress and headache of setting up your workstation by exploring the Tina Davies Professional all-in-one Sterile Kit.
Want to keep reading?
Check out our latest blog post 50 Useful Things You Can Do During Your Downtime for more ideas on how to keep yourself centered, productive, and mindful amidst these challenging times.
Thanks team Tina Davies for some direction during this uncertain time. I am loving these tips and helpful advise on how to keep positive and pro active!
Great blog, and beautifully delivered information.
Thank you for helpful information!
Great information thank you so much for helping us out in a difficult time